Thursday, November 17, 2011

Director's Interview Questions

Before shooting today's rehearsal, I wanted to get down some definitive questions we could ask Averill. I already came up with a few questions before:

  • Do you have any experience directing?
  • What kind of challenges are you facing trying to lead others through this process?
  • Do you have a definitive concept for this show?
  • What do you want the audience to get out of watching this?

In addition, I'd like to add:

  • Can you explain how you've organized the task of putting together the script? Who's writing what?
  • Are the three seperate stories going to play out one at a time, or are do you plan to switch rapidly between the couples for more distinct comparisons?
  •  Are there things you wish you knew or understood better as you go into this process?
  •  Do you have any plans as far as costuming goes?
Also, I'm playing with the idea of searching for some good, subtle background music we could add to the finished product. I'll bring it up when we meet today.

1 comment:

  1. I know we'll talk in class, but what kind of music are you thinking? Like elevator music, instrumental film scores, piano music...? I have a lot of instrumental tracks, so I just want to keep my ears open for something that will work.

    ReplyDelete